Happy Birthday me! I turned 43 on 22 Sept—awesome. Growing up I often thought that people 30 and above were old—except my parents. My parents always seemed youthful and energetic. They always seemed to be on the go—balls, dances an dinner parties. My parents never looked their age. Even when my Mom died she looked so young. Today at 63 my Dad still has that youthful look to him.
I asked Laurie if I looked any older—she said I had a few more grey hairs—but that I still looked youthful. That made me feel good—even though I saw a slight smile when she was telling me this.
If you though that me buying gifts for Laurie was a challenge—poor Laurie. I gave her the list and off we went—the whole family. I enjoyed seeing Laurie and Timmie buy my gifts. I’m glad I could help pick out my cake. Laurie told me how lame she felt. But really it was fun to me. This is still all new to us—and Ramadan kind of threw us a curve.
This is our first year for birthdays in the Kingdom—next year we’ll know not to look for Target or wait until the last minute. Next year it’ll be Ramadan again—so it’ll be another year of night shopping—but we’ll be better prepared.
But hey—I’m a youthful 43 years old—and you can’t buy that.
Al Heet Cave
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I used to think the same thing - that 30 just seemed ancient. Then I turned thirty and I was like, I still feel so young. I can't help but think that when I turn 40 I'll feel the same way. "Old" is just a frame of mind, right?
And happy late birthday to you too!
Old is a frame of mind. And today 40 is the new 30--or something like that. Live life!
Post a Comment