Happy Birthday Timmy! Timmy turned 8 on 3 Oct—wow. When Timmie was born I told Laurie that if we could keep him alive for the first year then he’d be ok. Now he’s 8—and he’s an awesome young boy.
Timmie decided that he wanted “Chinese stuff" for his birthday. I didn’t even know what that meant—and we’re in Saudi not China. However, there is a Chinatown in two of the malls—and they do have "Chinese stuff." Off Laurie and I went—one night—to buy Timmy his “Chinese stuff.” We ended up buying him a jade dragon (he was born in the year of the dragon) and two Chinese lanterns. We also saw a globe that Timmie had been eyeing--so we got that also.
Then we went to SACO World—which is the Home Depot of the Kingdom. There we got him a new bike—very nice.
We discussed getting him a mobile—sometimes Laurie doesn’t ride the bus and sometimes I don’t leave the office right at 230. I wanted a way to get in touch with Timmie the days Laurie doesn’t ride the bus. So we decided to get him a mobile—nothing fancy. We let him pick it out but we set a price range—and of course we set some rules on when to use the phone. I’ve never seen a child so excited about getting a mobile. He wanted to put everyone’s number in it. He’s already taken a picture with it—a camel in the back of a truck—here in the city.
Timmy had a small birthday party with children from the compound over. Laurie organized games—she’s always great at that. Laurie created a ninja theme—in keeping with the “Chinese stuff.” The children had fun. Then there was a Krispy Kreme donut cake—pretty cool (the Krispy Kreme guy asked me today how Timmie enjoyed his donut cake). Presents were opened—and he got a lot of cool things from his friends. Then everybody went home—I was exhausted.
Wow—8 years old and a birthday party in Saudi—how awesome is that!
Happy Birthday Timme!
Al Heet Cave
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sorry we missed Timmie's b-day. Gotta love a kid who goes to Saudi Arabia then asks for Chinese Stuff for his b-day! I've been thinking about getting Jeffrey a cellphone when we go to Cambodia, but I'm afraid he'd lose it. But if Timmie can have one, then Jeffrey definately should get one!
Miss you guys!
We got Timmie the Motorola Pebl--pretty nice and inexpensive. He takes it with him just about everywhere. It really does give us peace of mind--and he's learned to take videos of Saudi traffic--we'll have to post those one day.
Post a Comment