Al Heet Cave

Monday, May 5, 2008

Birds

There are so many things I could complain about--especially my missing luggage that no airline wants to take responsibility for (but I think I'm making progress--at least they all know my name now) but today I want to complain about birds.
I have this huge villa--beautifully furnished and decorated--with a nice backyard area that has a small but inviting pool. The problem is this--every night the birds roost on the roof and poop all over the area in front of the back door. It's just gross. When I first moved in there was plastic down and it was obvious that this villa had been vacant for some time. I spent two hours getting rid of the plastic sheet and hosing down the entire backyard--getting rid of all that poop.
The hose in the back is falling apart and the pool guy uses it when he comes to clean the pool (I'm so pampered). I already broke the hose and somehow it got put back together so I don't want to upset the pool guy by breaking his hose again. But the amount of poop is gross. Since I don't have a driver license yet I'm at the mercy of those kind enough to take me places. Oh well I guess I'll deal with until I get a hose, some cover for the back porch and maybe a fake owl from Laurie.
Now about my luggage..........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim

- Those are well trained birds and know how to hit an ant on the ground at 15 paces (from above). I wonder though, would those birds know what an owl is? Are there owls in that area?

How's the weather there besides dusty?
cheers,
Phil

(dang HTML tage 'p' cannot be used!)

OUR HOUSE said...

I'd like to complain about birds too. I always look forward to summer, when the kids are out of school, so I can sleep in just a little bit. But every year I forget about the birds. You see, there are birds that come to our house in the summer, and they start squawking at 6:00 in the morning, and wake me up. They poop all over our trampoline. And one of them tried to attack me when I was trying to help one of their babies that fell onto our trampoline and was trapped. But it was a complete accident when I hit one with the car the other day. It wasn't revenge at all. Glad to hear that you finally got your luggage.