I was driving around today going to different places looking for gifts for my new bosses--it's a cultural thing. As I passed the bank I looked up and it said today was 23 Apr--do I really only have 6 days until I fly out? Time is flying by.
Today I feel kind of happy, excited and sad. Kind of like the weather. It's cloudy but then the sun pops out for a while--but it's so humid that the day is really blah. Right now it's cloudy and breezy.
I've spent at least two hours downloading info I need to take with me to the KSA. It's a pain to go through all the e-mails and download the info. If I was smart I would have downloaded the info the first time--but even though I have a 3.8 GPA that doesn't really mean I'm all that smart (ha).
Last night we had the couple that's renting our house over for dinner. Wow what an awesome couple. I wish that we had gotten to know them before now. We should have made the effort 4 years ago. But this is now and we really like them and are so happy that they're renting our house to Gary and Heidi.
I had to take the Mercedes in last week. The engine was leaking oil and gas. I made a deal with the mechanic to take his time working on it since I would be gone for at least a year. I left him a list. He's super nice and said ok. Gary said that he would pick the car up for me while we're on our adventure.
Made Lion House rolls last night. The directions sounded easy--and they were to a point. Now you all know I can cook and bake. But I didn't expect to have this runny solution being poured into flour while the flour was on the counter--maybe in bowl--it was all I could do to contain the running liquid from escaping and going all over the floor. Then I didn't read all the directions. I read about letting the dough rise for 45 minutes, then cut the biscuts--skipped down to the oven temp. I skipped the sentence that said after I cut the biscuts that they needed to rise for another hour! Well, we ate dinner and then had Lion House rolls--"Oh those rolls."
Al Heet Cave
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment