Al Heet Cave

Saturday, April 26, 2008

3 Days!

Do I really only have 3 days left until I fly out to the KSA? Time is getting short and I'm started to get excited about the adventure--not excited about leaving Laurie and Timmie behind for 3 months.
Last week our rose bush was just a bush. On Tues I looked at it and suddenly it had blooms all over it. Beautiful deep red roses that smell awesome. I'm going to miss our rose bush. We haven't treated it very well--we've done nothing to it. Yet it blooms each year. My dream is to retire and grow roses. Beautiful cutting roses that I can put in vases all over the house. I've always loved having fresh flowers in the house.
Laurie is out today at a Church thing. She won't be home until around 4ish. Timmie and I have had a world wind day. Got his hair cut (suprise for his Mom), ate at BK so he could get the Iron Man toy, coffee carmel flavored milkshake at Chik Fil A (I know I'm a terrible Dad but it's only the flavor and it taste good), shopping at Target and found a gift for the General (a silver money clip) and bought Laurie a Mother's Day card and gift. Timmie never once compalined--and that in itself is a small miracle.
The weather is so nice a warm. I'm loving it. Laid out to get some sun on my face. Ahhh. I really hope we get a villa with a pool in Saudi.
I have so much to still do--prepare a talk, pack, got to a briefing on base, say goodbye via phone to everyone, (sigh)--I'm sure somewhere along the way I'll forget someone and then I'll feel bad. But there's always e-mail, this blog, Laurie's blog and Facebook (will you be my friend?).

No comments: