Al Heet Cave

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sandstorms

For the past three days there have been sandstorms. This isn't beach sand--it's Saudi desert sand. Visibility was low and at times the sand blocked some of the sun--but it was still hot.
Our pool was so dirty looking because the pump couldn't keep up with all the sand. I cleaned the filter out three times just to try to keep the pool somewhat clean. That worked for a while.
Driving around in a sandstorm is an experience--or adventure. I would turn on my car lights so others could see me. At times the cars ahead of were "invisible"--like when it rains hard and you can't see too far ahead. But I still needed to wear my sunglasses because of the sun's rays--not a lot of sunshine but the rays still hurt my eyes. I wear sunglasses constantly over here--they're a must have item.
They gave the workers on the compound surgical masks to wear. Poor guys are out in this stuff all day--security and gardeners. I really do feel sorry for them. But they have a good attitude--and--inshallah--the storm will be over soon.
Well the storm is over. Today it's blue skies--full of sunshine--and hot. And the pool looks great. The water is nice a blue looking and looks inviting--so inviting that I swam today. In fact I was outside for almost two hours today--swimming, hosing down the back, and just laying out in the sun. Ahhh it felt great.

3 comments:

Cliff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cliff said...

It has been awhile and you've added several items to your blog. Very exciting to read about your adventures.

If you hadn't heard, which I'm sure you did, Laurie and Timmie came by to visit. They're coming again this weekend. It was so nice to see them. I couldn't believe how grown Timmie was. He looks a lot like his daddy. I hope this weekend he gets to play with his cousins. We mostly visited and caught up on "stuff" this last time. Not very exciting for the kids, but fun for the adults to hear about all the updates.

Take care!

Cliff

Tim said...

Cliff--
Laurie and Timmie talked about the visit. I'm glad that the adults had time to catch up.
Timmie has grown up. When Laurie sends me pictures he looks like he's grown since I left. Thanks for the compliment.
Hope the boys have a good birthday!