Today our day started at 0845—well really it started at 0630 when I turned on CNN and then watched Charles Gibson at 0700 and Katie Couric at 0730 (gotta hear the news). Right now it’s 1640 (440pm) and we just got home and Laurie and I might go back out again. So here’s what we did:
Left the house at 0845--
0915 arrived at Samba (a bank here)--they have a Ladies Branch were Laurie can cash her check—they didn’t open until 0930—we couldn’t wait since we had dental appts at 1030 (and I knew it would take at least 50 minutes to get there)
1000--arrived Dentist--got there sooner that I thought—Timmie had two teeth pulled, Laurie and I got our teeth cleaned (so laid back—he and his assistant were sitting on the back porch chatting and waiting for us—the best appt I’ve ever had)
1130--Basketball practice / game—this was the funniest game to watch
1310--We were back at Samba Ladies Branch thinking the branch was open until 1630—I had read the sign wrong—it closed at 1300
1312--Laurie suggested we go to Kingdom Mall—the third floor is an all women’s floor and there is a Samba branch there—maybe it would be open longer
1400--Arrived Kingdom Mall—Laurie went to the 3rd floor—the branch was closed—but she looked around a little—then came down the Debenhams to look for a sweater and coat—found a sweater and shirt but no coat (she may have to get a man coat—plenty of those and she used to wear mine)
Ate at the Mall—Laurie had Japanese and I had McDonalds (Timmie ate my fries)
1515--Went to Tamimi grocery store—it caters to the Western palate and richer Saudi’s expensive—bought a turkey ($5.00 a pound—paid $27 for a turkey--Butterball)—bought some delish chocolate croissants and other things—awesome ribeye steaks
1640—Back home
During all this we're in the same city--we never left Riyadh and we only go to part of Riyadh--traffic, lights, cars, parking, prayer--it all takes time. This is typical on the weekends—and not just us but everybody—especially if you have to grocery shop, return things (there are no dressing rooms—well we did find then in Debenhams at Kingdom Mall—but that’s the only place), etc.. AND we might go out after the 630 prayer—I love it here!
630pm--left the house again--decided to go to Riyadh Gallery
650--still in traffic--decided not to go to RG but instead to Hyatt, Jirar and Danube (they're all in the same place--mall, bookstore, grocery store)
Walked all over finding what we wanted
815--left the mall--got stuck in parking lot traffic
840--finally got out of parking lot traffic
930--arrived home
(Yawn--I'm tired)
Al Heet Cave
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm tired too.
Post a Comment