Al Heet Cave

Friday, August 29, 2008

Finding pants

To me it shouldn't be that hard to find a pair of pants. It's not like I'm some weird size that can only be found in the US. People come in a variety of sizes here in the Kingdom--they're not all slender. But I've had the hardest time finding a pair of pants.
The sizes are European--which I can never convert in my head--so that makes it difficult to find a pair. Then if I do find a pair that looks like it might fit there are no dressing rooms to try them on (that protection thing--somebody would probably try to peak).
I finally found a store--Marks and Spenser--that had US sizes. I looked and found some slacks. Then I noticed something--something that I had seen before but didn't pay attention to--the pant lengths are all odd numbers (29, 31 and 33). I'm a 32 length. I held up the 31--they seemed ok. The store clerk assured me they would fit. I bought them and brought them home--they didn't fit. Too short for me. So we had to go back and exchange them--which was a very easy process at Marks and Spencer (it a British store with over 830 stores worldwide). I bought the 33 length. They look nice--but...I really wish they had 32. I asked the store clerk why they didn't have even sizes but he didn't know--he only knew what sizes they had.
Now I understand why most expats take an empty suitcase back to the US with them--they stock up on clothes that fit--haha. So next year--Kohls watch out because I'm going to need some new pants--that fit.

No comments: